Aug 4, 2009

So I am in love with these kids! I absolutely love it here! And it is going to be sooo hard to leave! I feel like I am a mom to every single one of them! Its sooo weird but Its not like they are kids that I just baby sit or hang out with. I am with them literally all day, I feed them I change them I bathe them I put them to bed.. they call me mama. It was cute today when I walked in to wake them up in the morning this little girl she is 2 her name is myra anyway she was like ana ana ana! over and over again and it caught me off gaurd because i didnt think she knew my name they always just call me mama or chica but now all of the little kids are learning my name its really cute they call me ana nana for banana i love it! but I have a special love for each one of them! i wish i could adopt them all! :( it has been really fun to get to know each one of their little personalities. So I had my first hospital shift a week ago it was the most sad experience i think i have ever had.. This darling little 2 yr old black boy was found in a dumpster and he was brought in to the hospital because he was really malnutritioned and he didnt have anyone to take care of him there so they had us do shifts with him there.. I was the first girl to have shift with him and I was there with him all day.. it was really interesting to see how different the hospital was but it is a free childrens hospital so we were there in a room with like 20 other kids.. but this poor little boy was soo dirty and he smelled and he had sores all over his body! I dont think he had been bathed ever in his life. his poor little legs were stuck bent. He could not bend them straight! (his ligaments in his legs were just sooo tight because he never used his legs) and it was horrible, I had to take him down to get x rays and he just cried when we pushed his legs down to x ray them. So I spent the whole day with this littl boy and then when this girl came up to get me he wouldnt let her touch him, he just wanted me to hold him and he was totally happy all day he didnt cry at all except when we did the x rays, but when I went to leave he started crying and it was the most sad thing I have ever seen, I just started balling in the hospital. He had this sad little face and great big tears, I felt like he thought I was abandoning him. There was a lady there named michelle who had a little boy that was sick in the hospital and I made friends with her because she spoke english, so I gave josue to hold while I left and he still just cried! I balled the whole way home, but I have been visiting him throughout the week and he was doing really good for a while, I brushed his dirty little teeth and used a whole bottle of lotion on him, and have been working with his legs. ( he is getting more flexible) but we just found out tonight that he has namonia and has been really sick so keep him in your prayers.. I will try to keep you updated on how he is doing.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

that just breaks my heart... seriously, that makes me want to go down to ecuador and give all these kids hugs!! I will definitely keep little josue in my prayers. You are such a good mommy to these kids! I can't imagine how hard it is to see these little kids...