Jul 1, 2009

the little boy who stole my sucker!


Its anna, sorry i havent written you at all.. our internet and phones have been down.. my family has been freaking out lol. but i am alive and well :) i havent even been sick at all! The food here is great by the way.. I dont know why everone was telling me that i was going to loose soo much weight.. haha I feel like Im going to gain like ten pounds while im here... but its seriously has been soo great. the first couple of days were kind of tough to get use to but the kids are awsome! I love them to death! the kids im working with are from new born to 2yrs old I worked my first night shift yesterday! it was sooo long! 14 hrs and you are seriously up all night changing diapers and feeding babies..and then today I went to work at a different orphanage where the kids live in families where they have a¨"mom" who gets paid to live there with them and then they probably have like ten kids in a casa. it was really sad they were really dirty and the little ones would just pee there pants and they wouldnt change them :( .it was funny we were reading them books today.. i read them all the book you gave me ! they loved it .they would like fight over it everytime we finished reading it. but anyways I brought suckers with me in my sweatshirt and these little kids would pretend like I hadnt given them a sucker and would beg for them .there were 50 kids and i only brought enough for one each but this little sneaky kid he was like 3 was like leaning on me and asked me to read to him and he very sneakily ( i made that word up) took a sucker out of my pocket! lol I couldnt believe it he tricked me into reading to him! ha but it was way fun the kids would read a page to me and then i would read a pg to them.. they were like correcting me on my pronunciation lol.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

so glad you updated!! that little boy is so cute :) we need to see more pictures!!

Natalie {Parade of the Day} said...

I am so glad you are having fun! Update as much as possible! I love you!

Nicole and Preston said...

THanks for sharing your blog with me anna! I can't wait to hear all of your stories! Check your email cause I am sending you an invite so you can view my blog also!